Next release 2023.6
- Merging QuestPDF documents into one PDF file during the generation process.
- IntelliSense XML documentation support for all public API methods.
- Optimization of FluentAPI implementation.
- Iterative documentation improvements:
- Improve documentation about each building element: offer more precise behavior descriptions, API references, and more examples,
- Investigate better connectivity between code examples, e.g., by generating clickable links in the code,
- Shorten and simplify the
- Record a short video introducing the basic concepts of QuestPDF.
- Improved text capabilities and language support:
- Unicode-compliant bi-directional and LTR/RTL Text Support (UAX #9),
- Unicode-compliant word-break algorithm (UAX #14).
- Support for tagged PDFs.
- Automated font subsetting to reduce output file size.
- New QuestPDF Previewer application to enhance the development experience.
Previewer tool improvements
- Add support for SectionLinks,
- Add support for Hyperlinks,
- Improved UI for general exceptions,
- Interactive UI for infinite-layout exceptions,
- Investigation: per-page performance measurement,
- Investigation: content and elements inspection.
- Throw exception (debug mode only) when there is no font style close enough to current text style (e.g. no font with italic bold version),
- Investigation on how to simplify unit tests and make them easier to manage,
- Relative elements: alignment and translate,
- Text truncating,
- Custom slots in components (named slots, dynamic slots).