Please note that QuestPDF is developed mainly by a single person. I am doing my best to maintain the project and offer the highest stability possible. However, some plans are likely to change over time.
2022.07 - 2022.10
Documentation redesign - implementing new features is really important to cover most common requirements. However, it is essential to simplify learning process and help new developers. Current documentation has been designed over a year ago and since then has grown over three times in size. I would like to rethink its structure:
- Shorten and simplify the
- Record short video introducing to basic concepts of QuestPDF.
- Create a separate page for each layout element. Offer more precise behavior descriptions, API reference and more examples.
- Divide the
Patterns and practicespage into separate sections.
- Investigate better connectivity between code examples, e.g. by generating clickable links in the code.
- Prepare documentation to be translated into other languages.
Improve line breaking algorithm for Asian languages - not all languages use whitespace to break lines and wrap text. Some of them, such as Chinese, use significantly different set of rules. Covering most of them should improve QuestPDF compatibility with Asian languages. This mode will be available as special
TextStyle flag, possible to set up globally for entire document.
Right to left support - this release will continue improving compatibility with more advanced languages. This feature is not only about direction of text but also impact a couple of layout algorithms. For example, the
Table element should place cells starting from the right-hand side when RTL mode is enabled. Moreover, the developer should be able to enable the RL mode on per-element and per-document basis.
Previewer tool improvements
- Add support for SectionLinks,
- Add support for Hyperlinks,
- Improved UI for general exceptions,
- Interactive UI for infinite-layout exceptions,
- Investigation: per-page performance measurement,
- Investigation: content and elements inspection.
- Investigation on how to simplify unit tests and make them easier to manage.
- Relative elements: alignment and translate,
- Font subsetting to reduce output file size,
- Text justification,
- Text truncating,
- Custom slots in components (named slots, dynamic slots).